Thursday 18 July 2013

How To Deal With.......Miley Cyrus- We Can't Stop

How To Deal With.......Miley Cyrus- We Can't Stop


Dear Readers,
I have stopped my busy schedule of not blogging and complaining about the heat to talk about a serious issue affecting our world *Cue Dramatic Music*......Come on, we all saw it coming. It is time for me to review the video for Miley Cyrus- We Can't Stop. Yay?


For those fortunate enough not to have watched it, the video shows what appears to be the inside of Amanda Bynes' mind. It involves doll kissing, twerking, fake mutilation, teddy bears and Miley wearing a grill. This is before we take the lyrics into account! It honestly seems like Miley just asked the director to make her not be remembered as Hannah Montana and give her father a cardiac arrest.

Miss Cyrus obviously is trying hard to be edgy and frequently jumps on anything that moves (or doesn't move) in the video. I am not joking. She touches boys, girls and barbie dolls. All while wearing trousers which means this video should not be shown before 10pm. I am going to skip the grill because actually saying how hard I facepalmed after seeing her wearing about 50kg of gold in her mouth would give me a headache remembering it.

One of the first things that came to mind watching this video is "Why is there a skull made out of chips" but then I realised that was one of the least stupid things about this video. My theory is that they fused together a trashy Lady Gaga and an Albino Rihanna in a nuclear fusion reactor and it made whatever Miley is trying to be.

Another thing, she has killed twerking. I was one of the people who was pleasantly surprised when she did her original twerking video but now it is as old and tired as Madonna. I have seriously had enough of her mentioning she can twerk every five seconds. You're not Black. GET OVER IT. She thinks that by wearing a grill and by mentioning "Molly" that she is cool and urban? Billy Ray Cyrus needs to give her a time out instead of hiding wherever he has slithered off to. Miley needs to realise that she has a young fan base so by acting trashy and mentioning drugs then she is giving out a horrible message. In fact I formally apologise to Ke$ha because at least you are who you are.

So here are my three things to take away from this post.

1) The video is terrible. Just terrible.

2) The song actually isn't bad even though the lyrics seemed like they are written by a ten year old.

3) Who owns a grill in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment